Deploy and manage the virtual private servers in your IDriveSample Rails site can be accessed at Compute account from the web console.
Information Included in the Article
You can migrate a compute instance created in a particular region to a different region. Migration will move your existing virtual instance with its entire pre-configured environment and data to the new region.
Follow the steps below to migrate an instance:
- Sign in to your IDrive® Compute account.
- Click Actions against the instance that you want to migrate and select Migrate.
- Select the Region where you want to migrate the instance to.
- Modify or use the default name of the instance.
- Read the warning messages and select the checkbox to accept.
- Click Migrate. The progress will be displayed in the Instances tab.
You can view the details of the ongoing instance migration such as the source instance and its region, the destination instance and its region, and the migration start time by clicking Click to view details link next to the migration status.
- New IPv4 and IPv6 addresses will be assigned to the migrated instance which can be accessed on a successful migration.
- Existing backups of this instance will not be migrated. After successful migration, backups will start as per the schedule in the new region.
- Existing firewalls (including firewall rules) associated with the instance will not be migrated. The default firewall will apply to the migrated instance.
- All DNS records, including Reverse DNS, are required to be updated after the completion of the migration operation.
- The block storage volumes attached to the instance will not be migrated to the new region.
- It may take up to 5 hours for the migration to complete.
- The source instance will be automatically deleted from the original region after 12 hours. This is an irreversible action.
- The maximum permissible migration limit for a particular instance is 5 times.
Once the migration is complete, you must verify and confirm the migrated instance or you can choose to revert the migration within 12 hours.
Once the migration is complete, you will require to verify and confirm the migration. On confirmation, the source instance will be permanently deleted from the original region. This action cannot be reversed.
Follow the steps below to confirm the migration:
- Click Actions against the instance and select Confirm Migration.
- Click Confirm in the popup.
You can choose to revert the migration within 12 hours. On reverting the migration of an instance, its IP address will be permanently deleted from the source region.
Follow the steps below to revert the migration:
- Click Actions against the instance and select Revert Migration.
- Click Revert in the popup.
The progress will be displayed in the Instances tab and the migrated instance will be deleted permanently from the destination region.