Deploy and manage the virtual private servers in your IDrive® Compute account from the web console.
Rebuild an IDrive® Compute instance
The primary benefit of rebuilding an instance is that you can recreate an existing instance with the same or a new image while retaining its existing IP address thereby avoiding the hassles of upgrading your business's IP records.
Follow these steps to rebuild an Instance,
- Sign in to your account on IDrive® Compute.
- Click Actions against the instance which you want to rebuild, select Rebuild.
- Choose a standard distribution or select a custom image or application stack image from the Images tab in the Rebuild page.
- Select an authentication method for the instance. You can either set an SSH key or a root password for authentication.
SSH-Keys - Select SSH Keys from the list of pre-added keys. To add a new key, click Add an SSH Key. Enter the key name and your existing SSH Public Key details, click Add Key.
Password - A root password will be suggested by default. You may use the same password or create a new password.
- Enter User Data in cloud-config format. This is optional.
- Click Rebuild.
Alternatively, click the instance you want to rebuild and select Rebuild from the LHS menu.
Note: Rebuilding will destroy all the data stored on the disk drive of the instance. This operation is irreversible.