Deploy and manage the virtual private servers in your IDrive® Compute account from the web console.
Cloning an Existing Instance
Cloning an existing IDrive® Compute instance will help you easily deploy identical copies of your original virtual instance, complete with its entire pre-configured environment and data. You can clone any compute instance that is created in a particular region, to a different region.
Follow these steps to clone an instance:
- Sign in to your IDrive® Compute account.
- Go to Instances, then click Actions against the instance which you want to clone.
- In the drop-down menu, select Clone.
- Select the Region from the drop-down list.
- Choose a plan. You can select shared or dedicated CPU and choose yearly or monthly billing.
- Add the required number of instances and instance names under Finalize and Create.
- Click Create. The cloning operation progress will be displayed on the screen.
On successful creation of the clone, a message will be displayed and the cloned instance will be listed on the instances page.
Note: The cloned instance will be created with the same password and SSH keys (if any) as the original instance.