Deploy and manage the virtual private servers in your IDrive® Compute account from the web console.
Create a VM (Virtual Instance/Machine)
You can create and customize multiple instances configured with an OS of your choice in a few clicks. Follow the steps to create a new instance in your IDrive® Compute account:
- Sign in to your IDrive® Compute account.
- Click Create Instance > Virtual Server on the web console.
- Select a Region from the drop-down list. The available capacity for each region is displayed to help you determine the most suitable location for the instance.
- Choose a standard distribution, or select a custom image or application stack image which you want to use for creating an instance.
- Choose a plan. You can select shared or dedicated CPU and choose yearly or monthly billing.
- Select an authentication method for the instance. You can either set an SSH key or a root password for authentication.
a. SSH-Keys - Select SSH Keys from the list of pre-added keys. To add a new key, click Add an SSH Key. Enter the key name and your existing SSH Public Key details, and click Add Key.
b. Password - A root password will be suggested by default. You may use the same password or create a new password.
- Enter User-Data in cloud-config format. This is optional.
- Add the required number of instances and instance names under Finalize and Create.
- Activate the following add-ons as required by clicking the corresponding checkbox:
a. Enable Instance Backup - By default, the option to enable daily cloud-based image backup for the instance is selected. Deselect the option if you do not want to enable backup.
b. Private IP - Select this option to get a private IP address for your instance.
- Click Create.
On successful creation of a new instance, a message will be displayed and the new instance will be listed on the Instances page. You can now access, use, and manage it.
Note: A temporary authorization on the total monthly base rate of the instances being created will be placed to ensure there are sufficient funds. The actual charges may vary based on usage. The overall performance of the instances depends on the capacity available at the selected region.