Go is an open-source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. Go is a statically typed, compiled high-level programming language designed at Google by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson. It is syntactically similar to C, but with memory safety, garbage collection, structural typing, and CSP-style concurrency.
In this article, we will explain to you how to install GO on openSUSE 15.2.
- Update the package index.
$ sudo zypper update
- Download the Go package from the official website.
$ sudo wget https://go.dev/dl/go1.20.2.linux-amd64.tar.gz
- Extract the downloaded file from the root directory.
$ sudo tar -zxvf go1.20.2.linux-amd64.tar.gz
- Install GO by running the following command.
$ sudo zypper install go
- Verify that GO is installed correctly by running the following command.
$ go version