Chef is a popular open-source configuration management tool that allows you to automate the deployment and management of software and infrastructure. With Chef, you can easily manage your servers and applications in a consistent and reliable way.
This article will explain how to install Chef on ubuntu 20.04.
- A root or non-root user with
Install Chef Dependencies
- Before installing any new package, it is essential to update your system.
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt upgrade
- To install curl, run the following command.
$ sudo apt install curl -y
- Next, you need to install the
apt-transport-httpspackage, which allows the use of HTTPS repositories.
$ sudo apt install apt-transport-https -y
- Install Chef on your Ubuntu 20.04 system by running the following command.
$ curl -L https://www.chef.io/chef/install.sh | sudo bash
- Once the installation is complete, you can verify the Chef installation by running the following command.
$ chef-client --version