IDrive® Compute bare metal instance combines the benefits of a dedicated physical server with the flexibility of a virtual machine.
Place a Request for Bare Metal Instance
Bare metal servers are provisioned only on request. To start using a bare metal instance, you can place a customized request.
Bare Metal Instance Operations
Reboot, turn off, and delete a bare metal instance with ease.
Click 'Actions' and perform the following operations for an instance:
- Reboot - Reboot/restart the instance.
- Launch Console - Open a virtual console right from your dashboard to access and manage the instance.
- Power Off - Shutdown the instance forcefully. This operation is similar to powering off a physical machine.
- Settings - Update the default settings for the instance. From here you can set a new label or delete the instance.
- Delete - Permanently delete the instance from your account with all its data.
On deletion, the bare metal server will be released from your account and you may have to request a new bare metal instance in the future.
Any charges incurred will not be refunded on deleting the instance.
Manage Bare Metal Instance from Web Console
Click on the bare metal instance to view instance details and perform various network and set up operations for the same.
A menu will appear on the screen from where you can do the following:
- Networking - View the SSH access info and IP addresses for the instance.
- Rebuild - Recreate the instance with the same or a new image without changing the existing IP address.
- Activity - View a list of all the recent web-based activities performed for the instance.
- Settings - Modify the instance settings or permanently delete the instance from your account.